Monday 18 July 2011

MY TOP 5 FONTS: #1 - MOD





Could you read it? I could. I have had a massive response to MOD. Some people saying its one of their favourite fonts, to others disagreeing completely saying its too bulky, cant understand it and just doesn't appeal to them. 
I personally love the MOD font, I agree that sometimes you can't really understand which letter is which - but I have always enjoyed bold and bulky fonts, so naturally I would defend this font.
For this, I wanted to show MOD in a series of different ways. I wanted to include black and white and a range of colours so that you can see what colours go with this font and which ones don't. Additionally I also included image and text (first two images) in which I incorporated a random image and the font together. I love doing this with MOD because its a bulky and bold type, not to mention trendy and modern - so it would naturally work together and create something beautiful. 
I personally think this type of font is best suited for editorial design such as magazines and brochures, but its already proved to be versatile enough by coping with a range of colours and a range of scenarios, so it would probably work and look pleasing if used for another area of graphics. 

(Click on the images to see in better detail) 







No comments:

Post a Comment